March has decided to make it's entrance here at Sweetness and Light in a snowy sort of way. We've had flurries and snow covered mornings all this week with no end in sight as of yet! As well, so many birds have been returning to our area and emblazoning our mornings with the most wondrous songs of their arrival by the hundreds!!
Here's how March is shaping up for our Bonny Clan thus far:
1) Saints of March, especially Celtic Saints, the most famous being St. Patrick; Spotlight on picture books and many Legends and Tales from:
- Once Upon a Time Saints, and More Once Upon a Time Saints
- Celtic Heritage Saints
- Celtic Book of Prayers
2) Saint Patrick's Day Bookshelf (see right sidebar)
3) A Saint Joseph's Table and Feast for this most loved of all saints.
4) Art Appreciation: Stained Glass Windows
- Stained Glass Windows Coloring Book
- Tour of Cathedral and local churches to view Stained Glass Art
- Creat our own stained glass artwork with craft kits and tissue paper stained glass
5) Music Appreciation: Celtic Hymns and Music including music of the Liturgy
6) Geography of Ireland and Scotland: Coastal and Seascapes tied in with many picture books
- Time of Wonder
- One Morning in Maine
- Miss Rumphius
- All Those Secrets of the World
- Night of the Moonjellies
7) History: Begin The Martha Years, by Melissa Wiley as Family Read-Alouds
March is seeming Lion-like, but I am hoping that it will be Lamb-ish in our continued efforts to work on our Lenten Sacrifices and Spiritual Givings.
Hope Spring is nearer to your door, thanks for stopping in for a visit, Gods Blessings to you today and always!