This is my goal for Easter and beyond...(and no I'm not talking about a Buzz Lightyear kind of travel plan). It's just a simple effort.
There is such a solemness to Lent that can only prepare one's heart and soul to fully appreciate the true Joy of Easter and Christ's Resurrection for us. Then to realize that each year WE are resurrected with Him! Each Easter we try to get a glimspe of that Joy only to lose it the first time someone spills their milk at the table, or someone uses a sharp word with their sibling. It's like a balloon slowly deflating until when the air is all gone and we're left with that feeling of an old limp rag, or a cup that already needs refilling. Now this didn't happen for me this year and my life has been very joyful as of late, especially with Easter, but there have been years that were more joyful than others.
So in my earnest to keep the joy of Easter this year, I am going to look for some joy, everyday. It's just a simple effort, I am going to try. It may be fairly easy as my children and my husband are truly the Joys of my life! (A Caveat: I am not feeling unjoyful, but there are times in my day when I wish I were acting and feeling more Joy and Peace!) A few things I am trying:
- Working on my Mama-Love times throughout the day (See new Right Sidebar under my photo)
- Listening to more Music throughout the day, especially turning on Music for my Littlies "Dancy time"
- Finding some One-to-One time with each member of the family, especially dh (including myself)
- Nature time everyday!!
- Quiet time with Jesus and Mary
- Healthy Cooking or Baking to nourish our bodies
Finding Joy Everyday may be just simply slowing down enough to take it all in. Look for joyful updates and a Blessed Easter Season to all my dear friends and visitors! You are all a source of my JOY too!