Let me begin this post by saying THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the kind and beautiful comments on my Keeping the Company of the Saints post! I was overjoyed at the response and look forward to sharing more posts along these lines in the future!! I am also honored to mention that I will now be a contributing author at the ever-delightful O Night Divine blog hosted by my dear friend Mary Ellen at Tales from the Bonny Blue House, thank you so much for the invitation, I am thrilled to say the least!
I know there are so many resources available for Catholics in the realm of the Liturgical Year, but I thought I'd compile a more comrehensive list of blogs, books and links for your perusal, and please let's add ones that I may miss (as I'm sure there will be some I don't know about) in the comments section and I'll add them in accordingly! This will hopefully be something you can bookmark to refer back to as necessary in your Liturgical Year planning and Keeping the Company of the Saints!!
- Alice at Cottage Blessings has compiled all her Spoon Saints posts here :) She is truly brilliant, my kids LOVE making these!!
- Family in Feast and Feria by Jenn Miller, so much wisdom and inspiration here, plan to spend some time absorbing it all!
- Dawn at By Sun and Candlelight has so many good things to share for Liturgical Year Planning, she even gave a talk on it with Jenn (listed above) Please visit her for some goodness in your day!
Books: (some may have already been mentioned in the mainpost)
- The Year and Our Children by Mary Reed Newland
- The Big Book of Catholic Customs by McNamara, Robinson and Neuberger
- A Book of Feasts & Seasons by Joanna Bogle
- The Catholic Parent Book of Feasts by Martin, Puccio, and Romanowsky
- A Continual Feast by Evelyn Birge Vitz
- Cooking With the Saints
- Cooking for Christ by Florence Berger
- Catholic Mom
- Catholic Exchange
- Cyber Faith
- Favorite Resources for Catholic Home Schoolers
- FDLC Resources
- The Catholic Calendar Page (they include a nice explanation of definitions here)
- Women of Faith and Family list of Church Seasons page
Other recent blog posts on Saints or Liturgical Year thoughts: (an ever-growing list of lovely links for your reflection and perusal)
- Gentle Learning: Yearly Rythmn by Kathryn at The Bookworm
- Lost and Found by Eileen at Eileen on Him...At Least I Try
- In Honor of the Saints by Jessica at Shower of Roses (added 11/2/07)
If you have recently written your thoughts on the LIturgical Year, I would be happy to share them here, please add your post link in the comments section.
I'd like to finish this additional resources post with another quote from The Year and Our Children:
"O ye Angels and Archangels, Thrones and Dominions, Principalities and Powers, Virtues of Heaven. Cheribum and Seraphim, ye Patriarchs and Prophets, holy Doctors of the Law, Apostles, all Martyrs of Christ, holy Confessors, Virgins of the Lord, Hermits and all Saints: Intercede for us. (Antiphon at Vespers on the Feast of All Saints)
God Bless You!